Drainage systems are an important part of keeping your home and property safe from the damaging effects of water. The main goal of any drainage system is to collect water and direct it to the proper drainage location. Without a sufficient drainage system, drainage problems can cause damage to your home’s foundation, your lawn, and your landscaping. An effective drainage system will eliminate drainage problems and help prevent future water problems.
As a leading commercial and residential landscaping company in Loganville, Falcons Landscaping have experience working with customers throughout the Gwinnett area to develop drainage solutions and to design and install effective drainage systems around their home and landscaping. If you are interested in learning more about our drainage system services or you would like to work with our experts to design a drainage system that protects your home and landscaping, please contact our landscaping company today.
Our Drainage System Installation Services
We may use a variety of techniques when designing and installing drainage systems around your home and throughout your landscaping. For example, we can offer down spout drainage solutions as well as develop French drains and catch basins. These drainage systems will direct water away from your home in order to protect the foundation and prevent major problems. Drainage systems can also address a number of yard problems in order to make your outdoor living space a more enjoyable place. This includes resolving areas where flooding or erosion has become a significant problem.
With our drainage system installation services, we will integrate both surface drainage systems and below ground drainage systems in order to properly catch and direct rainwater to the correct location. With a complete drainage system designed by our experts, you can eliminate any water problems and address any drainage issues around your property.
- Surface Water Drainage Systems: Surface drainage systems pull excess water from hard scape areas, plant beds, and any other areas where water tends to collect or pool. These drainage systems then provide a set path above ground where the water should flow. Surface water drainage systems can be used to direct water to a proper drainage creek, storm drain, or underground drainage system.
- Below Ground Drainage Systems: Underground drains help to prevent erosion and prevent water from saturating plants or lawns by pulling water from the saturated ground and directing it to the proper drainage location. One of the most popular below ground drainage systems is a French drain system.
When You Need a Drainage System: Signs of a Drainage Problem
There are some specific signs that signify a drainage problem. These may occur after medium to heavy rainstorms or on an ongoing basis. For example, you may be in need of a drainage system for your backyard or around your home if you are experiencing:
- A soggy or wet yard
- Puddles that do not evaporate or take a long time to dry following a rainstorm
- Water leaking through your basement walls into your basement
- Foundation damage and cracked basement or foundation walls
- Soil erosion and erosion control problems
- Flooding in your back or front yard during rainstorms
- Water pooling and collecting on your patios, sidewalks, or walkways
- Unwanted water streams during heavy rains
- Mulch that washes away from your plant beds or silt or soil that washes onto sidewalks during rainstorms